Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rbehr

Dataset for Dynamics CRM Online

This must have been asked before, but I cannot find it.

The Dyanmics CRM dataset brings across sales-specific content but nothing else. How do I bring across (a) remaining standard CRM entities (the whole Service side of things for a start) and (b) custom entities?

Many thanks

5 REPLIES 5
cbailiss
Advocate II
Advocate II

The Dynamics CRM Online connector ("Get Data" in the Desktop Tool, then "More" and select "Dynamics CRM Online") covers all standard entities and custom entities.

When you say "Dynamics CRM dataset" I think you are referring to the Dynamics Content Pack, i.e. the pre-authored reports/dashboards.  This is not the same as the "Dynamics CRM Online" data source on which you can build your own queries and reports (and so is much more flexible).

cbailiss, thank you. Perhaps you can be more specific: I can see no means of connecting to data sources within the BI interface. That is what I am looking for, I agree, and the data sets are limited. But there seems to be no option for adding a data source, unless I am missing something.

@rbehr - This is posted in Service, so what @cbailiss is referring to is the Desktop tool. Use the gear icon in the service to download the Desktop tool. Then, you will have the same sorts of data sources that you have in Excel, including the OData feed option as @cbailiss describes it.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@rbehr - I have an article that should get you there, basically you would use the OData feed from CRM Online: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/building-ultimate-microsoft-crm-dashboard-under-hour-greg-deckler?trk...

I cannot be 100% certain that it will cover custom entities.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks, smoupre. I think the OData solution into Excel is probably going to be most appropriate in the short term.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors