Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ACC_Entwickler
Regular Visitor

Dataset doesn't update

Hi folks,

I have created a dataflow which gets data from my online  SharePoint. With this dataflow I have created a dataset in Power BI Desktop and published it to Power BI. If there are new items added to my data in SharePoint, my dataflow does refresh, but my published dataset wont, even if I press the refresh button manually. It just works, when I refresh the data in The Power BI Desktop app. My question is: how can I avoid doing that, and refresh the dataset in the cloud?

Edit: I have a column in my Dataflow in which I combined two of the columns of the table and it seems, that this column, which is necessary, causes the troubles. Because when I do upload the dataset without this specific column it refreshes perfectly with the dataflow. How can this happen?

Kind regards 

Philipp

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Are you familiar with Power Automate?  There you can create a flow that gets triggered by the completion of a dataflow refresh. You can use that to initiate the dataset refresh - no schedule required.

Why do you use a dataflow in the first place?  Why not connect the dataset to the sharepoint directly?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors