Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Reigo94
Frequent Visitor

Dataset and Dataflow refresh problems.

Hello Community,

I'm facing an issue updating a Dataset, it is constantly displaying the "The key didn't match any rows in the table." error, the table is generated through a Dataflow from an SQL Database. The dataflow updates with no problem, however, when we are updating the dataset it pops the error. I can update the Power BI project with no problem from the dataflows, but the automatic refresh on Power BI service always pops that error.

I appreciate your help beforehand.

Below you can find the error details in case it may help.

• Data Source Error: {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"The key didn't match any rows in the table."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Key","detail":{"type":1,"value":"[entity = \"Minerva Ticket_Info\", version = \"\"]"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Expression.Error"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Table","detail":{"type":1,"value":"#table({\"entity\", \"dataCategory\", \"Data\", \"Tags\", \"ItemKind\", \"ItemName\", \"IsLeaf\"}, {})"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Tickets_Info.
  • Cluster URI: WABI-SOUTH-CENTRAL-US-redirect.analysis.windows.net
  • Activity ID: fca8d839-6ded-471f-aa16-43b3820515e1
  • Request ID: e2f26388-26fd-b59c-8fa2-70da738bf9e7

5 REPLIES 5
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Reigo94 

Did you change the table structure of your original datasource(table name, column name...)?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

I actually didn't, the database table is linked to a dataflow, later to be modified via power query on the dashboard directly. 

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hey @Reigo94 ,

This is from one of two things in my experience - either you are not reaching the gateway and/or the gateway doesn't reach the data.  The other issue is that you may have a field that is typed incorrectly (a Data Field that has a non-date in it for example).  In this case, the Tickets_info table.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Hey Collinq,

Thank you kindly for replying, I have actually no idea what might be happening, I reviewed the refresh history and pretty much by each time the dataset got refreshed, a new table of the dataset is not available, so it is not constant. I think it could be what you stated that the gateway does not reach the data, however I have no clue how to fix that. 

Thank you in advance if you may know a way to overcome this issue.

Hey @Reigo94 ,

Are you an admin and have access to the Gateway administration?  You will ahve to confirm that the gateway is appropriately working and that the connection is working.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors