Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jbirrer
Regular Visitor

Dataset Settings are limited

Why are the settings on my dataset limited to only these options:

1. Create Report

2. View Related

3. Analyze in Excel

My dataset is connected to a tabular model and I am the admin on the dataset.  I confirmed I have a PBI Pro License, so I don't think licensing is the issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi there

Yes that is correct currently the certified and shared datasets only apply to data that is imported into Power BI.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I would suggest creating the report using Power BI Desktop which will give you additional options for formatting and creating the reports.

The reason is that because you are using LiveConnection to the tabular model, any changes should be done at the tabular level.

Power BI Blog

Thanks, Gilbert.

I'm not worried about where the retorts are created, I'm just wondering why the settings for the dataset I have published are limited. There should be options for allowing endorsement, etc, but I don't have the options to get to those settings. Is it because it is linked to a tabular model, so those settings are suppressed?

Hi there

Yes that is correct currently the certified and shared datasets only apply to data that is imported into Power BI.

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors