Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dataset Refresh of Excel Workbook on SharePoint

I'm recieving the error that the 'local machine' does not have the correct version of Access Database Engine 2010. I'm not using a gateway for this dataset because the data source is in the cloud. I have read through the KB and went through the situations even though I am able to refresh and publish the report just fine from my local machine.

The sources are Excel Workbooks on SharePoint. 

Why would I be recieving this error if I'm not using a 'local machine' for the refresh? Based on how it reads, it sounds like there's something wrong with Power BI services. 

Please reference the following error:

Last refresh failed: Tue May 28 2019 11:35:49 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time) 
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.

Message:Excel Workbook: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. The 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine 2010 Access Database Engine OLEDB provider may be required to read this type of file. To download the client software, visit the following site: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=285987. Table: CoalfireOne SharePoint.
Cluster URI:WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:8163656d-7aa7-42dd-ac06-a1996f208476
Request ID:705873a0-2977-6cae-6eb1-66cb91eacb80
Time:2019-05-28 15:35:49Z
3 REPLIES 3
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my research, the refresh for data in your situations has two ways.

One-Drive refresh and Schedule refresh. When you use the One-Drive refresh, it just refresh any chenges in One-Drive or sharepoint, but if you use the schedule refresh, it will need to use gateway to refresh your local file. If you do any operations on sharepoint online, it will refresh for you in Power BI service by One-Drive refresh, but if you do any operations of your local file you do need to use the schedule refresh and configure the right gateway and provider.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still having the same issue without much guidance. 

I am able to refresh the cloud data sources from the Power BI desktop application. 

I am unable to refresh from the web UI even though all of the data sources are in the cloud. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-danhe-msft ,

I don't understand what I need to update when it's a One-Drive refresh. How do I resolve this error? 

Is there any additional information you need from me to understand the issue I am experiencing?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors