Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

b5lurker
Advocate II
Advocate II

Dataset Refresh error for on-prem SSAS and Azure AS Import Combination

Not sure what exactly is causing this particular error, as I have verified that the Gateway is able to connect to our on-prem SSAS server and the user name/password combo is correct and works fine for other reports deployed to PBI Service that use that same connection. This is the first report that has been built using Import with MDX queries from both the on-prem SSAS MD cubes and our Azure AS model. Report was built this way as a shortcut since queries for SSAS MD were already used in another report.

We can workaround by refreshing locally in Power BI Desktop, which works without errors or rebuild report to use just the Azure AS model, but I was curious what might be going on in the PBI Service to cause this issue. See attached picture for error details. This is being deployed to a PBI Premium Workspace as well.

I'm also a bit concerned why the Azure AS model has to provide credentials in this scenario as well, since it should just be able to connect directly to it as it does with any other PBI report that connects just to that source.

Thanks,

StevePBIError.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @b5lurker ,

From your error information, I suggest you check with your AS credential and password is same with your power BI account.

You could refer to below link about map user names if it could help you:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-enterprise-manage-ssas#map-user-names

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @b5lurker ,

From your error information, I suggest you check with your AS credential and password is same with your power BI account.

You could refer to below link about map user names if it could help you:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-enterprise-manage-ssas#map-user-names

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Daniel, the mapping was lost on that dataset. I did not delete/re-add that data source in the Gateway, but I did rename it which must reset the mapping entries to empty. Good to know, working fine now.

Thanks,

Steve

b5lurker
Advocate II
Advocate II

Here is the text copy of the error in case it makes it easier to copy and paste. 🙂

Last refresh failed: Wed May 22 2019 13:56:06 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time) 
Unable to connect to the data source undefined.
Hide details

Underlying error code:-2147467259 Table: Mar19 Funnel.
Underlying error message:AnalysisServices: The following system error occurred: The user name or password is incorrect.
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult:-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind:AnalysisServices
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath:bcpsunassql01;Prism_Analytics
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason:DataSource.Error
Cluster URI:WABI-WEST-US-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:150c6df6-029e-4957-8467-93a368132ac5
Request ID:1071ca48-7388-2b7c-d6e4-8eb4c82f4546
Time:2019-05-22 19:56:06Z

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors