cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Re: Dataset Refresh error Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 provider is not registered on the local machine

Sorry about that here it is:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/get-started-logic-flow/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
"Proud to be a Datanaut!"
Power BI Blog
dcresp Member

Re: Dataset Refresh error Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 provider is not registered on the local machine

@GilbertQ thanks for the idea in principal it sounded good. However, as I expected you still run into the problem that Power BI can not update from a xls file even when it is saved on OneDrive. The error message is the same as @mike_honey was getting as shown below. Given that Power BI and OneDrive are both in the cloud it is obviously not possible to run the client software. @Vicky_Song any updates or sugested work arounds.

Data source error:Excel Workbook: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. The 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine 2010 Access Database Engine OLEDB provider is required to connect to read this type of file. To download the client software, visit the following site: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=285987
najusa Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hello , an option to solve this issue is create a Power Query since web, save like an xlsx file and connect this new query with the Power BI. 

dcresp Member

@Vicky_Song any update on this?

Highlighted
hmokkapati Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hello,

Is there any resolution to this problem?

I have xlsx files on One Drive for Business and accessed these files using Get Data-> Sharepoint folder and still the same problem occurs when i try to refresh through the Power BI Online Service. The same works fine on Power BI desktop though.

Any pointers appreciated.

Thank You,

Harisha

olivierlenard Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi All,

I do have the same issue. Any news ?

Best regards

Olivier

cnelson Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Bumping this thread. 

Anybody have a resolution for this? I am having the same issue currently.

cnelson Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Bumping this thread. 

Anybody have a resolution for this? I am having the same issue currently.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

As far as I understand, no fix was put in place to allow .xls extension to be used as a source for Power BI online.

Did anyone find a solution for this issue? Is there any ideias on how to automate de file convertion for .xlsx or .csv fo instance?

Best regards.

Raphael Leis

mike_honey
Advisor

I dont have any solution for this continuing annoyance.  The post in the Ideas forum for this issue only has 13 votes, which is a lot less than the comments on this thread.  Can all please vote early and vote often:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/15081357-web-xls

FWIW, my workaround is to use Power Update, a 3rd party scheduling product:

http://poweronbi.com/power-update/ 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 142 members 1,751 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: