Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dechakr
Employee
Employee

Dataset Refresh Now not working

Refresh now is not working (clicking the button does not trigger the refresh) for Power BI datasets since yesterday, and when I try to enable a scheduled refresh, the 'Apply' button does not save the settings. This is true for all datasets in My Workspace and in our team's Premium Power BI workspace. I will really appreciate any help resolving this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dechakr
Employee
Employee

UPDATE: Issue resolved by re-publishing the report to replace the dataset in the workspace. Another possible solution shared below by v-zhjo involves signing out of Power BI service and signing back in.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dechakr
Employee
Employee

UPDATE: Issue resolved by re-publishing the report to replace the dataset in the workspace. Another possible solution shared below by v-zhjo involves signing out of Power BI service and signing back in.

v-zhjo
Employee
Employee

I met the same problem. Clicking on the refresh button doesn't work, and can't apply changes to schedule refresh. However, I signed out and then signed in again, everything started working... 

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @dechakr ,

is your dataset using the Web.Page() function/opening a web page in Power Query?

If that's the case you have to use a gateway to access the website. If you don't put a gateway the refresh is greyed out.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Hi Dennis, we don't have Web.Page() function and the dataset is only reading from a SQL Server. Also, 'Refresh Now' was working fine before on the same dataset.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors