Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Andshepch
Advocate II
Advocate II

Dataset Refresh Now not working

Hi,

I am trying to refresh my datasets using the Refresh Now option, and when I select it the "preparing for refresh" box appears for a few seconds then disappears - but nothing actuially happens with the actual refresh - I can refresh the Desktop versions of the datasets fine , so I know it isn't a problem with the Data sources themselves (Salesforce and Sharepoint) - I have checked all the credentials, and they are correct. Can anyone help, as I need to refresh these datasets for a set of management meetings?

It looks like scheduled refreshes are working ok

Thank you

Andrew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Andshepch 

Please test again to see if you are able to refresh the dataset. 

Refer to this post:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Power-BI-Refresh-from-Service-Not-working-12-Mar-2019/idi-p/...

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Can-t-refresh-in-service/idi-p/642881

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
datagnan
Frequent Visitor

I am experiencing this problem today. On demand refresh not working.

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Andshepch 

Please test again to see if you are able to refresh the dataset. 

Refer to this post:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Power-BI-Refresh-from-Service-Not-working-12-Mar-2019/idi-p/...

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Can-t-refresh-in-service/idi-p/642881

Best Regards,

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lin,

Thanks for the reply. The problem was still there earlier, but now seems to have gone.

Thanks

Andrew

hi, @Andshepch 

It's pleasant that your problem has been solved, could you please mark the reply as Answered?

Best Regards,

Lin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Again we are facing with the same issue, dataset refresh now is not working.

Can you please check.

Regards,

Bojan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm also experiencing this very often, for instance today. Scheduled refresh is working fine, but pressing "Refresh now" does nothing but spark a brief "preparing for refresh" notification. This is not a gateway issue, since I have none installed.

Hello,

Is there something wrong is refresh these days/weeks? I am facing a lot of problems :

- preparing for refresh and then nothing happens

- refreshing for a very very long time (more than usual whereas nothing has changed in my datasets excep a few more rows in one excel)

- most impotantly, in most cases the refresh does not work ! I receive a message saying that one of my excel (source of data) has expired and I have to check if it can be imported. But is has always worked before with these small sheets!

So please Power BI team, can you tell us if we have changed something and how we can deal with it? I see a lot of related topics and comments anf even if I've read a lot of answers I am still unable to refresh and I can't open a ticket because I have the free version.

Please help... thank you.

Something went wrong

Refresh failed:

v28 con cupones has failed to refresh.
Failure details:

Next refresh for v28 con cupones is scheduled for April 9, 2019 17:00 UTC.

Learn more >

Technical Information

Activity Id:

fa727263-4615-4a2e-9b08-d2c69ac530e0

Request Id:

c85a2d0c-1ec2-421e-8cde-04909fb074a6

Cluster Name:

WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Refresh Start Time:

April 9, 2019 9:43 UTC

Refresh End Time:

April 9, 2019 9:49 UTC

I had the same problems with the updates today. The data sets have been updated, but recent data has not appeared.

I use data streams and the data updates in them.

Anyone know why this is happening?

uk_tj
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Same here in the UK

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same problem here, on demand refresh is not working while old scheduled refresh are working but not the newly created.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here. I haven't changed any setup today and the datasets previously refreshed without issue.

Datasets reference two RedShift instances only.

In Italy too

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors