Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dataset Options - Gateway option not listed

Hi there

Usually when i'm looking at my dataset options in Power BI service; i'll see a drop down cluster for the gateway the dataset is tethered to. For recent reports, i don't see the option but can see that the dataset is pointing to an offline enterprise gateway that i haven't set up; which is offline.

Anyone know how i can force the workbook to be aligned to a personal gateway?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi there

If you cannot see any Gateways then I am going to assume that you are not an Admin on the Gateway?

When using SSAS as far as I am aware that would need to connect through the On-Premise Data Enterprise Gateway 

Possibly if you could find out who is the owner of the On-Premise Enterprise Gateway and ask them to configure this for you?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

It would appear that the Enterprise Gateway is where it will try and connect first.

What about trying to remove the data source from the Manage Gateways in the Power BI Service?
And then see if you can connect to it via your Personal Gateway?

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replying. 

I can't actually see the gateway listed in "Manage Gateways" and via the Admin Portal, i can only see "capacity settings".

This is a SASS datasource, i'm wondering if i have no control over it choosing the gateway it has at this point.

What do you think? Anything else i can try?

Hi there

If you cannot see any Gateways then I am going to assume that you are not an Admin on the Gateway?

When using SSAS as far as I am aware that would need to connect through the On-Premise Data Enterprise Gateway 

Possibly if you could find out who is the owner of the On-Premise Enterprise Gateway and ask them to configure this for you?

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors