Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

theBIbutler
Resolver II
Resolver II

Dataset Discovery

Hi,

I would like to enable dataset discovery as per this document:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-discovery#how-to-set-up-dataset-... 

But despite being a Power BI Admin I can't see the relevant settings in the Admin portal as listed here to enable dataset discovery.

theBIbutler_0-1623073254416.png

Is this still in preview/a new feature not yet available or am I missing something?

Cheers

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
theBIbutler
Resolver II
Resolver II

Luckily I logged a ticket with support and got a reply this morning that, following an update from the product team,  the issue is resolved!

I can now see the Discovery options as per the document:

theBIbutler_0-1623400551649.png

Cheers

Mark

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
theBIbutler
Resolver II
Resolver II

Luckily I logged a ticket with support and got a reply this morning that, following an update from the product team,  the issue is resolved!

I can now see the Discovery options as per the document:

theBIbutler_0-1623400551649.png

Cheers

Mark

Hi @theBIbutler ,

Yes, settings about Discovery are available now😂 

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @theBIbutler ,

Based on my test , I have enabled Certification option in Admin portal-->Tenant settings and gone to dataset settings and open the Endorsement --> Certified section to make a dataset certified:

certification.PNG

dataset certified.PNG

But other users who don't yet have access to the dataset itself could not discovery it as well.

In this case, I have found an official document said such a feature has not been released. Power Bi will implement this in nearby future.

not released.PNG

Refer to:

Datasets discovery using the datasets hub (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Discovery - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you @v-eqin-msft hopefully it will happen and be released soon, it will be a very useful feature for us!

theBIbutler
Resolver II
Resolver II

Thanks, I've already enabled Certification but that doesn't then give me any Discovery options against datasets?

AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi! 

It appears that you are looking at some old blog . These have moved to Tenant settings with slightly different options :

AbhiSSRS_1-1623078734464.png

AbhiSSRS_0-1623078585373.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors