Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DanielClark
Helper II
Helper II

Dataset Configured By "Personal Email Address"

Hi,

It seems that somehow the PowerBI service is picking up my personal email address as seen below, I am logged in with my organisational account which is nothing to do with hotmail.co.uk and I am not currently authenticated with my Hotmail account. What is going on??

Hotmail account seen in Organisational data connection settings?Hotmail account seen in Organisational data connection settings? 

Daniel Clark
Business Insight Data Modeler @ BRIGHTSTARR
11 REPLIES 11
padityaa

Any solution for this issue?

fish3101
Advocate I
Advocate I

This is happening to me too. Nice to know I'm not alone in the world. Looking forward to seeing a fix soon as I'm unsure if other issues I'm having are related to this or not.

ger
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I also see the same problem. Configured by in the gateway refresh is picking up my alternative email address instead of organsiational. Possibly related - the recently introduced subscription feature doesn't work, no emails are generated. Could service be picking up the incorrect email details causing both problems? Regards Ger
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @DanielClark,

Which type of data source are you using? We cannot reproduce this issue.

Capture.PNG

In your scenario, please re-configure this dataset, refresh this page and check if this issue persists or not.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hi @v-caliao-msft,

We are using an SQL Azure database.

What do you mean by reconfigure the data set?

Regards,

Daniel Clark

Hi @DanielClark,

I mean to reconfigure refresh schedule for this dataset.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

@v-caliao-msft this is still happening to me and may other people.  It looks like a bug.

Can you please escalate this and get us some help?

Thank you

This is still happening? Any update

Daniel Clark

@v-caliao-msft,

I just went in and reconfigured the credentials for the dataset attached to my report and refreshed it, I still see my hotmail.co.uk address as the "This dataset has been configured by" value.

Regards,

Daniel Clark
jameslo30
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi Daniel,

I have exactly the same problem. I'm using an Organisational account, but somehow, it's picked up my personal email address (that I have accessed from my PC during some point).

No idea how it's got there, it doesn't seem to affect anything other than an annoyance!

Thanks!

Hello,

I have the same problem as @jameslo30 @DanielClark

This seems to be bug with power Bi.

Please can you be able to let us know the work around for the time being. 

Be default this data configuration setting should be set to whatever the email that is used to sign up to the PowerBI account.

Thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors