Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

powerbi_jenhen
Resolver II
Resolver II

Dataset Build Permissions Issue

I have granted users viewer and build permissions on datasets within our P1 premium capacity workspaces but these users can't see these datasets via the "Power BI datasets" connector within Power BI Desktop? They are using the same account in Power BI Desktop as the service and I have the tenant setting "Use datasets across workspaces" enabled for the entire organisation.

Any help appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Kaly
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @powerbi_jenhen ,

Does the dataset have RLS configured? Can the users create report based on the dataset in Service? Please check if you hit any limitation listed here

Best Regards,

Kaly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi jenhen! Just for the heads up, the user must have a PRO license to develop even if they are at a Premium environment.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Thanks. I can confirm that the users have PRO licenses

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors