Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Datamarts

Anyone having much luck with datamarts? I tried creating a couple, and when trying to go to the settings to set a refresh schedule, the menu just spins and spins on all of them.

I'm curious as to whether its possible to set a refresh schedule table by table, as if so, this could be a game changer. This would effectively allow us to map all data in the org into a single mart thats all linked up. If they all need to follow the same refresh schedule, then it wont be possible as we have huge overnight refreshes, and small half hourly refreshes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

We have reproduced your issue and have submitted to internal icm 311724466 , engineers are doing their best to fix this issue . please be patient and I will give you feedback here once there is any progress.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Marquian
Helper I
Helper I

I have created a few also, and every time I think I am ready to go live, I get the following error:

Activity ID: 227b169f-e019-4bf3-bd6d-8f31fc8e570c
Request ID: 3ab3f6a9-9f9d-4db7-a667-30ab932b0c03
Correlation ID: e0f0406a-ddf7-110e-091a-5900b6a5d2d5
Status code: 400
Time: Wed Oct 12 2022 15:31:51 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Service version: 13.0.19226.41
Client version: 2210.1.13426-train
Cluster URI: https://wabi-us-east2-b-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

The Table with start wrapping up after the rows have loaded and then time out. Is this what was happening for you?

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

We have reproduced your issue and have submitted to internal icm 311724466 , engineers are doing their best to fix this issue . please be patient and I will give you feedback here once there is any progress.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

JoePBI11
Regular Visitor

Mixed luck so far.

one tenant I have working well, another works sometimes, and one more tenant cannot get passed the "Create datamart" page, just the power bi logo and "creating datamart"

marekr
Employee
Employee

There is a UI issue with opening the context menu for newly created datamarts that is being addressed. Could you please refresh the page? The menu will show up.

The refresh schedule can't be set by table. Either all tables get refreshed or none. Would it be possible for you to configure incremental refresh to avoid the huge refreshes?

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for your reply. im afraid not as many sets of data will see records change outside of any date record - think for example of an accounts payable dataset, most will see status' on the original record change when paid - these tables can be massive so i wouldnt want to refresh as often as for example, a transactional GL report, which I would want to refresh on an incremental basis. Could I suggest this as a feature enhancement? I think if this was possible, it would be game changing

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors