Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ian_Altis
Advocate III
Advocate III

Datamarts rollout

Currently getting the error below - Can anyone enlighten as when Datamarts will be available in these regions?

Underlying Error: {"code":"Unable to create a datamart (preview) because datamarts in Power BI are not supported in these Azure regions currently: Sweden Central and South, West India, UAE Central, Japan West, and Southeast Asia. To create a datamart, use a workspace in a supported Azure region.","parameters":{"ErrorMessage":"Internal error Unable to create a datamart (preview) because datamarts in Power BI are not supported in these Azure regions currently: Sweden Central and South, West India, UAE Central, Japan West, and Southeast Asia. To create a datamart, use a workspace in a supported Azure region..","HttpStatusCode":"400"},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}
Activity ID: 5e5b6504-588c-4887-a843-c0e5a9020f88
Correlation ID: 5b21ee3c-d006-c8a0-fea8-e32ac4829456
Request ID: a7eea446-508a-2a9e-5999-eab175ec1877
Status code: 500
Time: Tue Jun 07 2022 13:28:30 GMT+0100 (British Summer Time)
Service version: 13.0.18400.41
Client version: 2205.5.11559-train
Cluster URI: https://wabi-south-east-asia-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

Thanks,

Ian

6 REPLIES 6
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ian_Altis ,

Datamarts in Power BI are not supported in these Azure regions currently: Sweden Central and South, West India, UAE Central, Japan West, and Southeast Asia.

There is no ETA for Datamarts in the regions above, but it's being looked at. Please be patient, as soon as the product is updated, the official blog will announce this news.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Many thanks @v-xiaoyan-msft .  I am trying to stay ahead of the game for my clients and I currently have the time to test this.  I appreciate I may have to spin up a test Tenancy in a region that supports them but don't want to really.

Ian_Altis
Advocate III
Advocate III

Can anyone help with this?

otravers
Community Champion
Community Champion

I haven't seen any public statement about availability in these regions. The limitation is documented so you might want to watch this page:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/datamarts/datamarts-administration

------------------------------------------------
1. How to get your question answered quickly - good questions get good answers!
2. Learning how to fish > being spoon-fed without active thinking.
3. Please accept as a solution posts that resolve your questions.
------------------------------------------------
BI Blog: Datamarts | RLS/OLS | Dev Tools | Languages | Aggregations | XMLA/APIs | Field Parameters | Custom Visuals

Has anyone got any clue when all regions will have access to explore datamart as i find it pretty much useful for my cusotmers.

I am in west India region. Just wondering if it makes sense to move region for all powerBI data in case it is going to take longer. 
Any MS employee here to give some eta?

Thank you, that is helpful @otravers 

It would be good to hear if anyone has heard an official line on this.  I take it they will get to these regions, I would just like to know when.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors