Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DatamartUserWorkloadError

Hey All,

full-time user of powerbi and powerbi service here.

we ran across an issue with the new datamarts that are available at powerbi service.

we have a large dataset (roughly 50 million rows) that we want to put inside a datamart. most of the data is already there, but the last table we need is giving us issues. the inserting in the transform view is going normal, bud when we try to apply and save, we ran across this issue:

jarle6800_0-1655474647874.png

it sounds like this error comes from some kind of limitations fo the datamart? but this is not the largest table at all.

it's running on a powerfull laptop, so ram/storage should not be an issue. 

googling this error gave no results, as the datamarts is a rather new thing.

another reasing i think is that this query tops the premium capacity we have allocated to our workspace?

all reasonable expleneations are welcome. 

4 REPLIES 4
m-colbert
Resolver II
Resolver II

Datamarts run in the dataflow workload in prem gen 2. That workload hhas been buggy since MS switched everyone to Prem Gen2. I would not be surprised if datamarts are not the recipient of the same issues. Datamarts, while interesting and has a future are clearly not ready for prime time. I would hesitate putting them into production.

Also, datamarts currently support data volumes of up to 100 GB. Not sure if that applies in any of these cases.

jschlereth2
Frequent Visitor

I'm getting this issue too. The 3 datasets that I'm pulling in are not that large (not even a thousand rows in total). I think the datamarts is still buggy from this error and others that I've gotten (and it is still in preview). 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I started getting the same error today in one of my workspace where I successfully created first datamart and had added two tables.. I am wondering if the PowerBI tenant Admin has disabled this feature?

KD_PBI_DA100_0-1655476518185.png

This is the same thing I noticied. I loaded one query and it processed fine. When I went to load another it got buggy (but eventually worked). When I went to load a third I got the same error. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors