Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBITestingG
Advocate II
Advocate II

Datamart increase cache

Hi all,

I am using a dataflow as source for my datamart, whenever I try to activate incremental refresh for the datamart (the dataflow has it), I get an error telling me to increase cache size

I am not able to find where this increase cache size option is, I assume is similar to the desktop option?

4 REPLIES 4
awarriorpoet
Helper I
Helper I

I am getting this on Power BI Service. 
Steps:
Create Data Mart
Get Data (Excel from OneDrive. ~488MB)
Transform Data.  (Change a few field types).  Then Save and I get this error:

Loading Data

Error Message PipelineException: The evaluation reached the allowed cache entry size limit. Try increasing the allowed cache size.
HttpStatusCode 400
Activity ID 5b6c7c6b-44e3-5d55-69e8-f92a45b54afb
Request ID 271bd3b6-7d74-4969-b702-fe20d31d1856
Status code 500
Error Code CdsaMashupUserException

otravers
Community Champion
Community Champion

Are you connecting to any other data source in the datamart besides the dataflow? And are you using the data gateway (which is not needed between a datamart and a dataflow)?

------------------------------------------------
1. How to get your question answered quickly - good questions get good answers!
2. Learning how to fish > being spoon-fed without active thinking.
3. Please accept as a solution posts that resolve your questions.
------------------------------------------------
BI Blog: Datamarts | RLS/OLS | Dev Tools | Languages | Aggregations | XMLA/APIs | Field Parameters | Custom Visuals

I am just connecting to the dataflow. It loads well. Then I try activating the incremental refresh and I get the error

PowerBITestingG
Advocate II
Advocate II

Here is the error code:

Encountered user gateway exception: '[DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode]=-2147467259 [DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult]=-2147467259 [InnerType]=ErrorException The evaluation reached the allowed cache entry size limit. Try increasing the allowed cache size. [GatewayPipelineErrorCode]=DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError [ErrorShortName]=GatewayClientErrorResponseException[GatewayId=66437]/MashupDataAccessException[ErrorCode=-2147467259,HResult=-2147467259]/Wrapped(InternalMashupException)[ErrorCode=-2147467259,HResult=-2147467259]/Wrapped(ErrorException)[HResult=-2146233088] [ExceptionErrorShortName]=GatewayClientErrorResponseException[GatewayId=66437]

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors