Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerBITestingG
Helper II
Helper II

Datamart increase cache

Hi all,

I am using a dataflow as source for my datamart, whenever I try to activate incremental refresh for the datamart (the dataflow has it), I get an error telling me to increase cache size

I am not able to find where this increase cache size option is, I assume is similar to the desktop option?

3 REPLIES 3
otravers
Super User
Super User

Are you connecting to any other data source in the datamart besides the dataflow? And are you using the data gateway (which is not needed between a datamart and a dataflow)?

------------------------------------------------
1. How to get your question answered quickly - good questions get good answers!
2. Learning how to fish > being spoon-fed without active thinking.
3. Please accept as a solution posts that resolve your questions.
------------------------------------------------
More tips and guidance in my Power BI architecture and development blog

I am just connecting to the dataflow. It loads well. Then I try activating the incremental refresh and I get the error

PowerBITestingG
Helper II
Helper II

Here is the error code:

Encountered user gateway exception: '[DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode]=-2147467259 [DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult]=-2147467259 [InnerType]=ErrorException The evaluation reached the allowed cache entry size limit. Try increasing the allowed cache size. [GatewayPipelineErrorCode]=DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError [ErrorShortName]=GatewayClientErrorResponseException[GatewayId=66437]/MashupDataAccessException[ErrorCode=-2147467259,HResult=-2147467259]/Wrapped(InternalMashupException)[ErrorCode=-2147467259,HResult=-2147467259]/Wrapped(ErrorException)[HResult=-2146233088] [ExceptionErrorShortName]=GatewayClientErrorResponseException[GatewayId=66437]

Helpful resources

Announcements
Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity is the largest Microsoft Data, AI, Power BI, Power Platform and Business Applications Conference in New Zealand.

European Share Point Conference

European Share Point Conference

This conference returns live and in-person in Copenhagen this 28 November-01 December with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Microsoft 365 Conference â__ December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference - 06-08 December

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors