Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chase_henson
Frequent Visitor

Datamart auto generated Dataset will not refresh

Hi all, I have an ongoing issue that I can't seem to resolve. I have created a Datamart (several) that will auto-generate a Dataset. I cannot seem to get the Dataset to refresh. It is my understanding that autogenerated Datasets should be DQ to the Datamart that created them. However, I haven't been able to find anyway for the Datset to match current data from the Datamart.

My Datamart is scheduled to refresh periodically, and this seems to work as expected. 

I don't have issues with Dataflows, or Datasets connected to a Dataflow or DQ to an SQL server. 

I've yet to get Datamarts to function as intended. Any ideas?

This is an old screenshot but that Dataset was stuck essentially at the date the Datamart was created until I deleted it and tried again with no luck.

chase_henson_0-1665688769388.png

7 REPLIES 7
vikasrandive

Hello,

I am also facing the same issue. 
If anyone found the solution please update here.

That would be  great help. 

Thanks

sqaar__
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

In my case, it was a misunderstanding. 

The reason why it shows at dataset one date is that i used a direct query, so it's a "live" date.

So everything is correct, only DataMart needs to update the date at the refresh, the dataset will keep only 1 date 

Patryk 

khift363
Frequent Visitor

The issue is not just limited to the dataset -- even the datamart direct connection is not updating for me. From what I'm running, the datamart is loaded with data exactly once when the connection is established and then never updates again, making the entire concept of a datamart fundamentally useless.

I don't even understand how it's possible for it to be displaying the data that it is displaying -- it claims to be set to a Direct Query connection to a dataflow but the datamart, both in the actual web GUI for the datamart and in the desktop connections to the datamart, is displaying outdated data that has already been replaced in the dataflow. This data has already been erased and rewritten with updated values on the dataflows multiple times over, but it's somehow still cached within the datamart despite it being "Direct Query".

sqaar__
Helper I
Helper I

Did someone find a solution for how to refresh the auto-generated dataset in case the datamart is refreshing correctly, but the dataset is not refreshing?

sqaar___0-1678867603355.png

Thanks,

Patryk

v-jialluo-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @chase_henson ,

According to your description, When you refresh the Datamart auto generated dataset, the data is not refreshed
You can change the workspace and recreate a new datamart to try refreshing the dataset.
Please see if the links below are helpful for your question:

Solved: Datamart refresh history - error - Microsoft Power BI Community

Get started with datamarts (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Solved: Re: Datamart Auto Generated Dataset - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Gallen Luo

I join the request for a solution to the problem. No dataset created from the datamart seems to update when this one does. Recreating the dataset is not an option, we assumed that when creating the datamart the dataset and all underlying datasets or reports should be updated automatically. Please, it is important to solve this problem to be able to trust the datamart. Thanks in advance.

Hi @v-pn ,

I am also having this issue. I've set the datamart to refresh daily. However, the auto-generated dataset only shows a refresh data corresponding to my datamart creation date. Is it possible to manually force a datamart's auto-created dataset to refresh. Recreating the datamart seems like tedius solution. I assumed that by creating the datamart, the corresponding dataset would referesh when it's underlying datamart is refereshed. Is that not the case?

Thanks.  Owen

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors