cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylK_MA
Regular Visitor

Datamart: Toggling Storage Mode (From DirectQuery to Import)

Hello!

I am hoping to get some help from the community relating to the toggling of storage modes in datamarts; it is currently defaulted to DirectQuery but I would like to use it in Import mode. As shown in the screenshot attached, the toggle is blurred out. Not sure if anyone else is facing the same issue? 

DarylK_MA_2-1669710786633.png

For context, I am trying to build a datamart to store some data extracted and transformed from an SQL server. Queries take about a minute or so to resolve and that I do not have access to the server at all times when I am working with the datamart. Thus, DirectQuery is not a practical option. 

Wonder if this is a caveat since Datamart is only in a preview stage or if there is a specific toggle that either my organisational administrator or myself will need to switch on? Will appreciate any advice on this, thanks! 😀

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DarylK_MA ,

To my knowledge, Datamart doesn't support this function.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DarylK_MA ,

To my knowledge, Datamart doesn't support this function.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel_PBI_Wave1

2023 Release Wave 1 Plans

Power BI release plans for 2023 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2023 through September 2023.

Power BI Summit Carousel 2

Global Power BI Training

Make sure you register today for the Power BI Summit 2023. Don't miss all of the great sessions and speakers!

BizApps LATAM 2023

Business Application LATAM Summit 2023

Join the biggest FREE Business Applications Event in LATAM this February.

Power Platform Bootcamp

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

In this bootcamp we will deep-dive into Microsoft’s Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors