Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

StevenVF
Helper I
Helper I

Datamart - Can't create new measures

Hi All

I have a datamart that considering is a preview feature was working very well, in the last few days however i can no longer add new measures, when i try after it thinks for a while i get the following:

StevenVF_0-1669924525905.png

I have another test datamart that creating new measure works fine in.

Anyone have any ideas on how i can fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Aniya

Thanks again for the reply.

I was unaware you could raise a ticket for a preview feature, that's good to know thanks.

I tried again this morning and magically my create measure is working again! I guess that's just preview feature shannaigans :).

Cheers.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @StevenVF 

To create a measure(a measure is a collection of standardized metrics) select the table in the Table Explorer and select the New Measure button in the ribbon, as shown in the following image.

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1669947327441.png

If you can create a measure in a test datamart but not in a production datamart, can you be sure that your test workspace and production workspace are from the same capacity? If so, you can also expand on the current error details and provide it at your convenience, because as far as I know this is indeed a preview function, and there are some bugs at the moment. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Appreacite the reply.

I was successfully creating measures in this datamart for some time, it's only become a problem in the last few days.

I have another test datamart in a different workspace and i tried there as well, it works fine in that datamart. Both datamarts are on the same premium capacity so i am at a loss as to why it's different for each for not apparent reason. The only error i get is what i originally posted.

Hi , @StevenVF 

Oh... Thank you for your quick response.You said it works last few days, but now you can not do it and return the error code.

In my test side , i always works when i create a measure in datamart.

If you are a Power BI Pro licensee, you can create a support ticket for free and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.

It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

The link of Power BI Support: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi Aniya

Thanks again for the reply.

I was unaware you could raise a ticket for a preview feature, that's good to know thanks.

I tried again this morning and magically my create measure is working again! I guess that's just preview feature shannaigans :).

Cheers.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Yeah I agree it is awesome, just at times need to be patient in order to get more functionality working.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @StevenVF 

I am not sure how to fix this. As it is a preview feature I suggest to people to play with it but to not use it for production workloads.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thanks for the reply

Yes, totally understand that, however this is one of the main features of the preview, being able to create a model and associated measures in the serivce, otherwise this is just a dataflow. Be great to know when microsoft are going to move forward with datamarts, the idea is fantastic and it's been in preview for a long time now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors