Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Datagateway not accessable after upgrade to latest version.

Hi,

We have upgraded the OnPremise Datagateway on one of the server, gateway as installled succesfully but the issue now is none of the datasets in the Power BI portable to able to access the datagateway, can someone please loook into the issues on priority we have a production issue here.

Thank You,

Praveen  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you don't have recovery key, you could only configure the new gateway again.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Anonymous 

If you have the recovery key, please try to uninstall the gateway and remove the below folders.

Path:-

C:\Users\<<profile account>>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\

remove "On-premises data gateway" completely.

If possible restart the machine and re-install it.

If the issue is persists, please share the screenshot of any one report.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it some kudos?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Venal,

Thank you for your response, unfortunately we have no recovery keys to reinstall the datagateway, I am new in the team and my predecessor left before me joining the the team.

Another option I am thinking of is installing second gateway and update the datasources in Power BI portal to use the new gateway, can you please suggest if this is a viable option.

Thank You,

Praveen 

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you don't have recovery key, you could only configure the new gateway again.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors