Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KJanssens
Helper II
Helper II

Datagateway issue: UserX can login, UserY cannot login

I have a very strange situation.

We are trying to connect to a MySQL database through a data gateway (set up by myself, let's say UserZ).

UserX can use the following connection just fine in DataFlow1:

MySQL.Database('localhost', 'databaseA')

... and sees all databases in the MySQL server (databaseA, databaseB, databaseC)

When UserY tries to edit the same connection in DataFlow1, he gets "Unexpected Error" when trying to login with the same MySQL credentials, in this case the user 'root' (I know root should not be used, but this is only a test setup). UserY has to change the connection to

MySQL.Database('localhost', 'databaseB')

... and then also sees all databases in the MySQL server (databaseA, databaseB, databaseC)

When UserX tries to edit DataFlow1 again, he has to revert the changes that UserY has done in order to be able to connect...

What on earth is causing this strange behaviour?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KJanssens
Helper II
Helper II

while typing the above question, I fiddled around in PowerBI Service, and found a place where you can set permissions for each datasource level on a datagateway. There, UserY was not added...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
KJanssens
Helper II
Helper II

while typing the above question, I fiddled around in PowerBI Service, and found a place where you can set permissions for each datasource level on a datagateway. There, UserY was not added...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors