Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dataflows refresh errors

Hi,

Our dataflows refreshes all failed this weekend (and are still failing) even though we did not change anything in the process. here's the error we're getting:

Run time,Dataflow name,Dataflow refresh status,Entity name,Start time,End time,Entity refresh status,Error,
09/09/2019 09:34:37,[SourceTables] Reference,Failed,,,,Failed,There was a problem refreshing your dataflow. {"RootActivityId":"f1211eee-8c46-bae4-7ecc-9226f2f92864"}

We are also not able to open the dataflows.

Finally, the refresh history looks really strange. None of the refreshes lasted longer than 0 seconds. Also, the service tried to restart the dataflows about 20 times while we only have 1 timeslot set up per day.

Can anybody help 🙂 ?

2 REPLIES 2
marcusearly
Advocate II
Advocate II

We have the same issue occurring. Do you have the Enhanced Computing engine turned on? We are considering turning it off to see if that is driving these issues. It seemed to start about the time we turned it on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @marcusearly,

Yes, I believe we have this on as well. I'm not a capacity admin so I would have to check with our Tech team.

To me it rather seems like the issue has something to do with the scheduled refresh functionality. Mainly because the service tried to re-start my scheduled refresh time and time again. Yesterday, I turned off scheduled refresh for our dataflows and then manually started the refreshes again. After trying this a couple of times randomly throughout the day, the refreshes suddenly started running again. I haven't had any problems since my first refresh succeeded.

I'm happy that the issue seems to be resolved now, but this is a huge problem for our organization on a Monday morning. Not sure if MS employees know more about this and maybe on how to solve this in the future.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors