Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Dataflows and refreshing to check changes

I have created a dataflow

Every time I do any small developments and then go back to Desktop to refresh, the new column comes through but it doesnt have any data in it.

I have to go back and refresh in Service but it takes about an hour to refresh. This is really causing me issues when i am trying to check quick changes. Its taking me ages to do anything. 

Is there any tips you can give me for avoiding the refresh times when I just for example do a tiny amendment on a column

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Dataflows and refreshing to check changes

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

When you do joins/appends in Power Query it has to load the entire table into virtual memory. This causes a lot of paging and is very slow.

That will do it then. Im trying to get everyone to move towards a proper data model in a SQL database. Hopefully this is another reason for it

Helpful resources

Announcements
May 2020 Community Highlights

May 2020 Community Highlights

It’s time for another PBI Community recap!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Galleries

Galleries

Looking for inspiration on how to present your data? Need instructional videos? Check out our Galleries!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors