cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davolsen Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Dataflows always fail to refresh due to "internal error"

I cannot seem to get a single dataflow to work. Even the most simple dataflow that doesn't connect to any data source and just returns static data will fail to refresh with the error:

Error: Internal error Request ID: 67d17199-9d7f-23ca-59f0-aa5534b1b9e2 Activity ID: ec2ef1d5-5e76-4cc7-98b4-da9d03db843a

or similar. I've tried everything...different data sources, credentials, different app workspaces. Nothing seems to make any difference, and I can't find any details as to why. Other uses seem to get this issue for a variety of reasons but none seem to apply to me.

I'm starting to wonder if it's an account based issue, but I don't know how to access any deeper diagnostic information.

Suggestions appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Galia Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Dataflows always fail to refresh due to "internal error"

Hi Davolsen,

I've just looked into the logs base on the request Id you provided us. We saw the same problem from other customers and engineering team is working on a fix. We will update you as soon as the fix will be in place.

Thanks,

Galia

20 REPLIES 20
Galia Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi Davolsen,

I've just looked into the logs base on the request Id you provided us. We saw the same problem from other customers and engineering team is working on a fix. We will update you as soon as the fix will be in place.

Thanks,

Galia

AdamWidi Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Is there an update to this issue?  I'm seeing the same error.

Highlighted
Batchen_Haviv Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi AdamWidi,

The problem related to MFA issues. We are still working on a fix.

There might be a workaround, please asked the owner of the dataflow to re-login to PBI. After the re-login try to refresh the dataflow again. 

Thanks

Batchen

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the quick response!

I logged out and back into Power BI, and tried refreshing the dataflow again.  The spinner spun for longer this time, but I eventually got the same error.  Note, I was able to successfully refresh a PowerBI dataset using the same gateway connection.  It's the dataflow that is failing.

Thanks, Adam

Frequent Visitor

I just tested my data flows and they are now refreshing.

Looks like the issue is fixed for the moment!

Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately I'm still experiencing this issue.

Frequent Visitor

I suggest you post separately with a Request ID and Activity ID. There might be a different cause for your problem, and you don't want my problem mixed up with yours.

verballi2 Visitor
Visitor

I am getting the same error on dataflows. The data was working and then it started failing to refresh. I tried deleting the table and re-adding it, as well as logging on and off. 

This is the error I am getting when I download the excel file:

Error: Internal error Request ID: bc8283d5-d44d-406e-f803-e3e94f06b986 Activity ID: 2672c6b9-184a-45c7-aaf6-4ad7be05693c

marclelijveld Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Same issue on my side. I do have multiple dataflows, which are all connecting to the same SharePoint directory. For some reason two of them work, and 5 others doesn't... 

Is there an update from the team working on this issue? Is the fix already in place, or maybe a suggested workaround? 

Thanks in advance, 
Marc 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 220 members 2,263 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: