Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dataflows - Type Cast issues

Hi All,

I am trying to move my exsiting reports which are based on PowerBi desktop(datasets) to Power BI Dataflows.

For doing this, I am copying my existing M code to Dataflow - Blank Query. I was able to successfuly create the Dataflow, but when I am trying to refresh the Dataflow, I am receving failure refresh alert with two errors(two different dataflows) mentioned as "We couldn't parse the input provided as a Date value" and "We couldn't convert to Number". In the first dataflow, I am trying to convert a string field(from the datasource) to Date field in Power Query and in second dataflow, I am trying to convert a string field(from the datasource) to decimal field in Power Query. I had the same transformation working perfectly fine in PowerBI desktop. But the same transformations are throwing errors in Dataflows.

Need your inputs to solve these issues as I am not able to move forward.

Thanks in advance.

Vani

3 REPLIES 3
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I can't reproduce your issue. Since you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Anonymous
Not applicable

test

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

have you double checked the data? does it tell you what row the error is on? also when you pull into power query do you process it into the visual pane succesfully with the same data

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors