Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

grusso83
Regular Visitor

Dataflows Status Pending Validation

Hello community:

I'm having an issue. I have a pro license and all my dataflows show this status now.

grusso83_0-1632446520908.png

And when I try to refresh data from them into the desktop application I get stuck in the 'creating connection to model' step

grusso83_2-1632447073574.png

I searched the forum and read about an issue with dataflows but several days ago.

So I wonder if this might be part of that, and all I have to do is wait or there is something else I can do?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @grusso83 

Don't worry too much, other people have encountered similar problems to you, and ‎multiple simliar issues have been submited internal. (ICM:259135336)

You can keep following this issue:  Dataflow Pending Validation

or Dataflows fail to refresh - "pending validation" prevents to save dataflows

If the reported issue does not cover your case, then I would recommend to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

Having done what we can, now let's look forward to good news from the development team. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
grusso83
Regular Visitor

I'm using the Power BI Dataflows.

I got confused, because for what I can tell there is also a bug in the current version of desktop which causes the steps in the refreshing dialog to behave funny.

But if you wait for it, it finally refreshes

So both bugs are unconfortable but not necessarly compromising anything!!!

v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @grusso83 

Don't worry too much, other people have encountered similar problems to you, and ‎multiple simliar issues have been submited internal. (ICM:259135336)

You can keep following this issue:  Dataflow Pending Validation

or Dataflows fail to refresh - "pending validation" prevents to save dataflows

If the reported issue does not cover your case, then I would recommend to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

Having done what we can, now let's look forward to good news from the development team. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

The "pending validation"  issue is long standing, but it doesn't seem to impact anything.

Which connector are you using, Power Platform Dataflows or Power BI Dataflows?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors