cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
otravers Member

Dataflows: How to configure BYOSA?

From the Dataflows documentation: "Power BI can be configured to store dataflow data in your organization’s Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2 account."

I don't see anything letting you select your own ADLSG2 account from Power BI's Admin Portal > Tenant settings in the Dataflow settings section. Where do you set that up?

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Dataflows: How to configure BYOSA?

Hi @otravers

From the articleData is stored as entities in the Common Data Model in Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2. 

I can't find any option to select your own ADLSG2 account from Power BI's Admin Portal > Tenant settings in the Dataflow settings section. 

Based on my understand, when you create a dataflow in power bi service, the dataflow data is stored by default in the Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2. ADLSG2 account is assicoated with your power bi account as you follow the right steps to create a dataflow.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-dataflows-create-use

Best Regards

Maggie

Abenson Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I also could not find any setting or documentation related to using your own gen2 storage. This capability has been referenced in several places, but there is no documentation or roadmap set out for this capability. Hopefully, more information is posted soon.

Super User
Super User

Hey,

at this state of the dataflows release, it's not possible to connect the "target" of a dataflow to an existing ADLS g2. This will change over time and will be available before dataflows will become GA.

Currently I have no information when dataflows will become GA.

Regards,

Tom

Hamburg - Germany
If I answer your question, please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.
Proud to be a Datanaut!
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Here is a current statement from Matthew Roche (Sr. Program Manager @ MSFT) working on the dataflows:

https://twitter.com/SQLAllFather/status/1063903454077145088

Regards,

Tom

Hamburg - Germany
If I answer your question, please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.
Proud to be a Datanaut!
otravers Member

Good find @TomMartens, so this is not operator error on my end Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 136 members 1,505 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: