Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

otravers
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dataflows: How to configure BYOSA?

From the Dataflows documentation: "Power BI can be configured to store dataflow data in your organization’s Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2 account."

I don't see anything letting you select your own ADLSG2 account from Power BI's Admin Portal > Tenant settings in the Dataflow settings section. Where do you set that up?

------------------------------------------------
1. How to get your question answered quickly - good questions get good answers!
2. Learning how to fish > being spoon-fed without active thinking.
3. Please accept as a solution posts that resolve your questions.
BI Blog: Datamarts | RLS/OLS | Dev Tools | Languages | Aggregations | XMLA/APIs | Field Parameters | Custom Visuals
5 REPLIES 5
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @otravers

From the articleData is stored as entities in the Common Data Model in Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2. 

I can't find any option to select your own ADLSG2 account from Power BI's Admin Portal > Tenant settings in the Dataflow settings section. 

Based on my understand, when you create a dataflow in power bi service, the dataflow data is stored by default in the Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2. ADLSG2 account is assicoated with your power bi account as you follow the right steps to create a dataflow.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-dataflows-create-use

Best Regards

Maggie

Yes, I also could not find any setting or documentation related to using your own gen2 storage. This capability has been referenced in several places, but there is no documentation or roadmap set out for this capability. Hopefully, more information is posted soon.

Hey,

at this state of the dataflows release, it's not possible to connect the "target" of a dataflow to an existing ADLS g2. This will change over time and will be available before dataflows will become GA.

Currently I have no information when dataflows will become GA.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Here is a current statement from Matthew Roche (Sr. Program Manager @ MSFT) working on the dataflows:

https://twitter.com/SQLAllFather/status/1063903454077145088

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Good find @TomMartens, so this is not operator error on my end 🙂

1. How to get your question answered quickly - good questions get good answers!
2. Learning how to fish > being spoon-fed without active thinking.
3. Please accept as a solution posts that resolve your questions.
BI Blog: Datamarts | RLS/OLS | Dev Tools | Languages | Aggregations | XMLA/APIs | Field Parameters | Custom Visuals

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors