Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dataflows DataSource Error

Hi all,

I'm testing DataFlows and have recently faced an issue while using Dataflows connector to get my dataset into Power BI Desktop.

My datasource is Azure SQL Data warehouse. While creating a dataflow everyting seems correct, data source tables are visualized in preview and I'm able to do transformations and save the dataflow.

Once I try to access it from Power BI Desktop, I get the following error:

Reason DataSource.Error

Message Missing partition information. Prease refresh the entity

Detail null

I've refreshed the entity but still get the error. Any ideas how this can be resolved?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi maty,

Have you installed the lastest version? To use this Beta version of the power bi dataflows connector, you must be running the most recent version of power bi desktop. 

If you are using previous version, make sure you have downloaded a .MEZ file and place it in Documents > Power BI Desktop > Custom connectors folder. 

Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-connect-dataflows.

In addtion, if this error still occurs, there maybe something wrong with your report and Azure SQL data source, please check if you have changed some columns(add, delete columns, change data type).

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

Hi maty,

Great to hear that, if you think my answer will be helpful to you, could you please kindly mark my answer as a solution?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors