Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

andyparkerson
Advocate I
Advocate I

Dataflows Container Size change issues

When I try to change the amount of memory or container size on my dataflows in the Admin Portal, I get the following error:

Invalid input for Container Size (Mb). Please enter a number value between 700 and 0

I am using a container size of 700MB, and a memory percentage of 40%. If I try to change either of these, it gives me the error. It will not let me save, but I can cancel my changes and things still work.

4 REPLIES 4
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @andyparkerson ,

There do have a limitation for your size, it is basd on your premium capacity and Dataflow workload Max Memory (%). 

The Container Size value can’t exceed the maximum memory for the Dataflows workload. For example, a P1 capacity has 25GB of memory. If the Dataflow workload Max Memory (%) is set to 20%, Container Size (MB) cannot exceed 5000. In all cases, the Container Size cannot exceed the Max Memory, even if you set a higher value.
You may refer to below links:

Regards,
Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-danhe-msft,

I have A1 capacity. The issue is that the error is telling me the container size needs to be between 700 and 0. I cannot change the container size up or down from the 700 it is currently at. I cannot change the memory up or down from the 40% it is currently at either, because of the container size error message.

If I delete the entry in Container Size (and leave it blank), the error message goes away and I am able to save it. I haven't tried this, as I am wary of breaking something.

I do not believe this is a limitation due to capacity settings, but rather a bug.

Hi @andyparkerson ,

Due to I could not reproduce your pronlem, I suggest you create a support ticket:

Support | Microsoft Power BI

Support Ticket.gif

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-danhe-msft ,

Thanks for your help. I opened a ticket today. I will reply with the solution for others who may wander upon this thread in the future.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors