Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dataflow version management notification

Hi Community,

I am a member in a premium workspace.  There are multiple members in the group.  We have many dataflows from various sources created by different members in the group.   Each member use other's dataflows in their dashboard as per their requirements.

Sometimes, it is not enough for other members to get a glance of the data from the columns list and they take control over the dataflow to check the data.  When they are done, they inform the owner to take control back.

But sometimes members forget to notify the owner and after taking control over the dataflow, they realise that they actually do not have access to some of the data sources.  This causes dataflow refresh failure because the current owner does not have the authorization to the source.

Other instances, the other user make some changes in the query and save it, which also sometimes they forget to notify the owner of the dataflow.  This also sometimes causes the dataflow to fail the refresh.

My query is that is that we can do version control in the dataflow and the owner gets notification when another user takes control of the dataflow along with the changes they make?

Appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks

Sabyasachi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

I don't believe that anything like that exists right now, even in the API's.  Perhaps you could make some ideas and then let us know so we can vote for it?

That said, there is some hope for at least some of this:

• Notifications to Non-Owners
    • Sending refresh failure emails to users or groups, just like Datasets

That is from this article:

What’s New In Dataflows – April 2021 | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

I don't believe that anything like that exists right now, even in the API's.  Perhaps you could make some ideas and then let us know so we can vote for it?

That said, there is some hope for at least some of this:

• Notifications to Non-Owners
    • Sending refresh failure emails to users or groups, just like Datasets

That is from this article:

What’s New In Dataflows – April 2021 | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors