Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rajendraongole1
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Dataflow services not able to connect SQL server from add entities

Hi I am trying to connect one of the source entity from power bi services create Dataflow option.

but i am facing error as attached. 

can anyone support me on this?

is there any permission issues or something

.CONN.pngRegards,

Rajendra

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you please state the correct gateway settings

To connect the sql server , from add entity, i have selected sql server DB and furnished the credentials along with the Gateway setting which are already available for scheduling. (User level gateway setting).

rajendraongole1
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Just checked the data flows again in power bi services., there was an issue at gateway setting, that why I faced this issue. Cleared myself now the data base connections are working fine.

able to connect and it works after correcting the gateway settings.

Thanks for your support.

@rajendraongole1 : We are in the same boat. I have set up the gateway. I can connect (with the same SQL-credentials), my colleague (also a Workspace Admin and Gateway-Admin) cannot.

Thanks in Advance for clarifying the correct settings.

Alex

Hi @rajendraongole1  can you please specify what you did at gateway settings so it now works? thx in advance

I'm curious too. We have probelms settign up SQL connections via dataflow that don't occur wiht a desktop connection. I'd like to know if the issue is gateway related, and if so, what the fix might be in that instance. Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to hear it is working now. I have configured the data gateway and the data flow works perfectly now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rajendraongole1  Did you configure the on-premises data gateway?

Hi

On premises gateway is already configured at my end. but when i try to connect any source systems from dataflow.

getting error message with some encryption. 

I have raised a support ticket with msft. waiting for their troubleshoot .

Regards,

Rajendra

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @rajendraongole1 ,

Can you please share some detail information or help us clarify your scenario?(e.g datasource region, request id, detail error message, operations steps...)

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi

From Power Bi Desktop , i am able to connect my source system mysql server, the same way i am trying to connect the source system from power bi services dataflow (add entities) to my data source mysql server.

when i am trying to connect i am getting error message as per the first post attached. 

Can you please suggest?

Regards,

Rajendra 

Hi @rajendraongole1 ,

I can't reproduce this, I can add sql entity to dataflow. Can you please share some detail operation steps to help us clarify your scenario?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi 

I am actually trying to connect SQL SERVER DB from dataflows, i have provided all the credentials and db names to connect. but not successful as per snapshot.

can you pls suggest. do i need to install something before doing this procedure.

Regards,

Rajendraerror1.png

HI @rajendraongole1 ,

Did this issue only appears when you try to create dataflow? If you create a pbix report, did it works?

In addition, you can also try to use fiddler to trace processing request when you create dataflow.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Hi

I tried to connect the same through desktop directly sql server. i didnt found any issue able to connect db successfully.

But the same way i tried to connect the same connections from dataflow from services. there i am facing error as shown below.

is that i need to check with any admins at my end ?

Please suggest

Regards,

Rajendra

Hi @rajendraongole1 ,

I can't confirm the causing of issue because of less information. Can you please open a support ticket on support page to get better support from power bi team?(it is free for pro and above licenses)

submit a support ticketsubmit a support ticket

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Hi,

We are premium users. I have tried all the ways to login from dataflow by adding our source DB. but no luck

i will create support ticket now.

Thanks for your help and support!!

Regards,

Rajendra

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am facing the same problem. Connecting to SQL server database via PowerBI desktop works fine. When I try to connect via dataflow it gives me the following error;

Annotation.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors