Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

blopez11
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Dataflow refreshes seem to crash/stop on-premises gateway

I am using the November release of the enterprise gateway

I have setup dataflow entities where the data source is an existing connection setup for our gateway

The data source is an on-premises sql server

Other reports refresh using the same data source on our gateway

When I refresh the dataflow entities, scheduled or on-demand, the gateway service on the vm where it is installed stops

The dataflow entitity data seems to refresh just fine

However, the gateway status in the service goes from on-line to cannot connect and I have to restart the gateway service on the vm

I've stopped the scheduled refreshes of the dataflow entities and the gateway has no problems afterwards

Just curious if anyone else has experienced this

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It appears that upgraded the gateway to the December 2018 release has resolved the issue

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@blopez11,

Could you share some Internal error Request ID or gateway trace for further analysis? Also, please refer to similar cases which may help you:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Dataflows-not-refreshing/td-p/575021

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Dataflows-refresh-gives-error-about-AzureStorage-BlobConten...

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi blopez11,

Is the on-premises data gateway installed in your VM or pyhsical server? Which kind of internet connection between VM machine and physical server? For example, NAT or Bridge? In addtion, also check if the firewall port is valid.Reference.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

The gateway is installed on a VM

We have over 20 other reports that refresh just fine through the gateway, with oracle and sql server data sources

It is just when I refresh the dataflow entities that the gateway crashes

Thanks,

@blopez11,

Have you solved your issue by now? If you have, could you please mark the correct answer to finish the thread?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

No, the issue is not solved, but I plan on upgrading to the December 2018 release of the gateway to see if the issue persists

I will update this discussion accordingly afterwards

Thanks for the follow up

It appears that upgraded the gateway to the December 2018 release has resolved the issue

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors