Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pkadel
Frequent Visitor

Dataflow refresh keeps running and running

I see hopes for the ability to kill refreshes that run for an unusual length...I up voted that idea.

But any ideas on what causes this to happen? Lucky for us we have premium capacity which ups the timeout to 5 hours?? Hard to use in production with little or no control when who knows what is happening. The 5 hour timeout is not awesome either. Would be nice to have a timeout override per secheduled job...with a retry.

Nothing has changed on the Query and nothing substantial has changed with the data.

image.png

4 REPLIES 4
arsene49
Helper I
Helper I

@pkadel you got any solution for this?

pkadel
Frequent Visitor

So it does timeout after 24-hours. Support asked to capture gateway logs when it happens again...it is happening and there is nothing hitting the data. Nothing on the SQL server, nothing in the gateway. I saw someone asking about multi-factor...could that be an issue?

image.png

pkadel
Frequent Visitor

Tried turning off the gateway for a bit...then rebooted it for no good reason. The refreash keeps on truckin'. Now I am curious how long it will go...will it roll over after 100 hours?

image.png

pkadel
Frequent Visitor

I guess the 5 hour timeout was optimistic. Currently 5:42:33 and still running

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors