Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dataflow refresh fails at 4 minutes (exactly)

A dataflow that I have created on a workspace in powerBI Service, fails to refresh at exactly 4:00.

I have read that MFA may cause some problems, so I disabled it in my account.

Also, I have updated the powerBI Gateway to the latest version.

An important note is that preview works well, and that while refreshing an other very small sized dataflow it succeeded.

Screenshot_1.png

This is error log:

02/07/2019 09:03:08,Product,Failed, WC_PRODUCT_D,02/07/2019 09:03:08,02/07/2019 09:07:09,Failed,Error: AzureBlobs failed to get the response: 'The request was aborted: The request was canceled.'. Request ID: 169a0853-a4ea-87e4-310c-755acec1104f Activity ID: acf4cbab-60ec-46a7-87ab-c055b22e81ce

9 REPLIES 9
brunovarela
Helper I
Helper I

Any updates on this ? 

I have the same problem the refresh fails at 11 minutes, but when the dataflow is small the problem don't happen. 

I have reported the problem to Microsoft by oppening a Support Ticket.

At first they reply and solved the problem, but then it starting happing again and they won´t solve it or reply.

So I choose the tradictional way, a gateway on a computer with access to the network. 

I have too, but the problem continue happened. Do you have the gateway in the same server where is the database? Or in the server different?

In my case the gateway is in the same server.
Idk if is possible to have it in different servers. 

In another post, I saw that the gateway should be in the same server where I publish reports. Do you know if this is required?

As far as I understand the gateway should be in the same server as the data and not from where you publish it. 

I maneged to solve my problem. I changed the gateway to the server where I publish the reports and the refresh happened normaly.

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

I would suggest you create a support ticket in Power BI Support to get further help.

Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".
Once you submit the ticket, you will get an email from support@mail.support.microsoft.com. Someone from the  Microsoft support team will contact you. Then you provide the error log and they could give you technical support.

submit a support ticketsubmit a support ticket

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/683031?advanced=false&collapse_discussion=true&q=Scroll%20down%20and%20click%20%22CREATE%20SUPPORT%20TICKET%22.&search_type=thread

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors