Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jbetkowska
Frequent Visitor

Dataflow from Excel on google drive

Hello, is there any option to create dataflow from Excel stored on googledrive?

I tried to do it, in Connection settings I paste path to google drive, file is not secured, anybody who has the link can open it, but seems that PowerBi doesn't recognize it. I got error as follows:

An exception occurred: The downloaded data is HTML, which isn't the expected type. The URL may be wrong or you might not have provided the right credentials to the server. (Session ID: a8938af1-9f10-4891-a3f1-c24b983d5f34)

Untitled.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I have tested this scenario from Power Bi Desktop before and it worked for me with the following process:
https://blog.ladataweb.com.ar/post/189308808470/powerbi-conectar-desktop-a-un-archivo-en-google

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jbetkowska ,

Please refer to the article shared by @ibarrau , and then connect using Web connector instead of Excel file.

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jbetkowska ,

Please refer to the article shared by @ibarrau , and then connect using Web connector instead of Excel file.

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I have tested this scenario from Power Bi Desktop before and it worked for me with the following process:
https://blog.ladataweb.com.ar/post/189308808470/powerbi-conectar-desktop-a-un-archivo-en-google

I hope that helps,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors