Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

skusulja
Frequent Visitor

Dataflow data source credentials issue

Hello everyone!

I'm having situation with Dataflow Data Source credentials in Power BI service. I can't edit them, I can't even access them. 
It looks like this:

skusulja_1-1594894362084.png

This is the case for all dataflows that I have, except the ones that I have in Test Workspace (that's my test office 365 group). They are all under my command. My co-worker tried to do the takeover and after that I took them back, but apparently my credentials were remembered and I wasn't even asked to sign in again. 
I don't use gateways.
My data is coming from CRM (connecting trough CDM), SP online and i have couple entities that use OData. Everything is coming from cloud basically. 
Today I got an error which said my dataflows weren't refreshing because credentials were invalid. I saw it's beacuse I wasn't signed in and today I managed to edit my credentials for the first time in probably two weeks. I signed in again and after that I couldn't access credentials, again. 
Is this issue for the ticket or am I missing something?

6 REPLIES 6
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @skusulja ,

If you've fixed the issue on your own please kindly share your solution. If the above posts help, please kindly mark it as a solution to help others find it more quickly. Thanks!

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

Hi,

I was about to raise a ticket towards Microsoft but it started working on it's own. 

I haven't had the issues since. 
So I don't know what the problem was and what fixed it.

v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @skusulja ,

Cannot reproduce it in my environment, I can edit the credentials of cloud data source normally. Please try to create a new dataflow with cloud data source to test whether you can set refresh and edit data source credentials.

If only the previous dataflow cannot edit credentials, I suggest to create a support ticket for further help.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I created new dataflow (SP online list as data source) and I could access all dataflow data source credentials afterwards. 
Half an hour later, I couldn't anymore. A little bit later, I could again. Weird. 
I'll keep an eye one them and, if this continues, raise the ticket. 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

this is ticket territory.  Did you play with the enhanced compute engine settings?

No, I did not .

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors