Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Vrykolakas
Frequent Visitor

Dataflow creation - csv File is driving me insane, need help !

Hello !

To give some context, I have a bunch of csv files that I load manually once a month from AppleStore, and I need to digest these files into PBI to do some reporting of all the app installs that happened daily per country. ( I shortened my file for the purpose of posting here, so that the issue I'm having is clear )

These files have the following structure : 

Vrykolakas_2-1628068530998.png

The highlighted row 5 is problematic, of course a solution could be to manually delete the first 4 rows, remove the extra " ".. But, what I'm looking for here, is a way to do and automate this kind of transformation in my dataflow.

Another Screenshot from PBI service when trying to digest this file : 

Vrykolakas_3-1628068738351.png

So that's it, I'm having a big blockage at this step.. Would really appreciate some insight from more experienced people here.

Any Help, or tip is highly welcomed. 

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Check your CSV files with a hex editor to see if there is a character between the double quotes ""  that you could use for splitting.

Is it right to assume that only the rightmost country in that line is important?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors