Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rdnguyen
Helper V
Helper V

Dataflow - column name change

Hi All,

I published a dataflow then changed the column name right after.

The report that use the dataflow perceived the update (new column name) after refresh; but then for some unknown reason, the column that the report refer to from Dataflow switched back to old name, despite the fact that Dataflow column changed is still valid in Power Query online.

Has anyone experienced such issue before?

5 REPLIES 5
rdnguyen
Helper V
Helper V

Hi Xiao Tang,

I tried changing column name again today and noticed the following:

If column name change done on upstream dataflow, all downstream dataset and dataflow didn't receive the update of reference, as the matter of fact, the flow will stop due to column reference mismatched.

rdnguyen
Helper V
Helper V

Hi Xiao Tang,

I did create a new dataflow. Name change on dataflow work well. Haven't tried to change column name yet. Would it be something messed up at the underlying table caching the dataflow data?

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rdnguyen 

"the column that the report refer to from Dataflow switched back to old name", can this behavior always be reproduced or only

once?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiao Tang, 

I can only say it happened first time at my first try change the column name of upstream dataflow. Since the error come up, I was nervous to repeat the name change as the downstream dataflow is not able to be saved.

Hi @rdnguyen 

Thanks for your reply. Will the issue happen again if you create a new dataflow? Just want to confirm if that behavior could be reproduce.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors