Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

a_l_b
Frequent Visitor

Dataflow authentication errors

I've been connecting to a variety of data sources in the same SharePoint folder. The permissions on the files are all the same, but I'm unable to connect to about half the files. I'm assuming it has to do with the way SSO is set up by my org, but I keep getting "signed out" when I try to connect to the data sources using OAuth authentication, and then when I attempt to sign back in, the login pop up just hangs. It's baffling. The files I'm able to connect are refreshing fine, but when I look into the data permissions, I see that all my failed connection attempts are associated with the dataflow as well. Would love to use dataflow regularly but this presents a significant road block. 

2 REPLIES 2
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @a_l_b ,

Based on my tests, I cannot reproduce your issue here. My on-premises data gateway version is 3000.21.18. Please update the gateway and try again.

If the issue still exists, you could create a support ticket.
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket.gif

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Hi, as mentioned, I am not using an on premise gateway - I'm connecting to Sharepoint files. This is a repeated issue and I'm haven't been able to determine a pattern. I receive a variety of different errors - I'm not signed in, I need to use https while using Oauth2 (I am.) I cannot rename files in the same sharepoint file and then reconnect them -  I receive an authorization error here as well. I also receive this error when attempting to import a Json to create a dataflow. 

I see a lot of business applications for this function but without the ability to consistently to connect to/ import data, there's almost no point to it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors