Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MKDK
Frequent Visitor

Dataflow and linked entity when using Azure Data Lake Gen2

Hi, extending the example from here let's imagine this scenario: Anna has configured Power BI dataflows to use ADLSG2, then created a workspace (v2, called Worspace_A), and also set dataflows to use ADLSG2 (as described here). Anna's role in Worspace_A is Admin. Anna creates a dataflow called DF_A in Workspace_A. Then she creates Workspace_B, where she is admin, and adds Peter as Member. Anna creates a dataflow (DF_A_L) in Workspace_B, this dataflow contains a single linked entity: DF_A.

Even after reading this, this and this, I am not sure about the answer to this question:

Will Peter be able to connect to DF_A_L (and the linked entity in it) in Power BI Desktop?

1 REPLY 1
MKDK
Frequent Visitor

Just to close my own question with knowledge that I have now. The answer is no, Peter will not be able to access DF_A_L because access to linked entity in Workspace B, requires (at least) Viewer role in Workspace A for Peter.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors