Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MKDK
Frequent Visitor

Dataflow and linked entity when using Azure Data Lake Gen2

Hi, extending the example from here let's imagine this scenario: Anna has configured Power BI dataflows to use ADLSG2, then created a workspace (v2, called Worspace_A), and also set dataflows to use ADLSG2 (as described here). Anna's role in Worspace_A is Admin. Anna creates a dataflow called DF_A in Workspace_A. Then she creates Workspace_B, where she is admin, and adds Peter as Member. Anna creates a dataflow (DF_A_L) in Workspace_B, this dataflow contains a single linked entity: DF_A.

Even after reading this, this and this, I am not sure about the answer to this question:

Will Peter be able to connect to DF_A_L (and the linked entity in it) in Power BI Desktop?

1 REPLY 1
MKDK
Frequent Visitor

Just to close my own question with knowledge that I have now. The answer is no, Peter will not be able to access DF_A_L because access to linked entity in Workspace B, requires (at least) Viewer role in Workspace A for Peter.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors