Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dataflow Validating Queries

I created a dataflow, i just renamed the column names, and hit save and close, the data just has about 200 rows, then i get below screenshot that does not go away. Is it a better option to rename my column names in the dataset that takes in this dataflow instead ? Is this a flaw in power bi ?

Powerbi_astra_0-1620055308216.png

5 REPLIES 5
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved?

Currently you can try to edit dataflow once again, make all changes and then hit save.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

benovic
Frequent Visitor

when is it supposed to be fixed? looking at 

benovic_0-1621247029255.png

the whole day 😕

cvillegas
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

No, this has been reported as an issue a few times in the past two weeks. Oddly on the weekend for a handful of us it worked much fasters, but again starting today it went back to moving slowly. MSFT is supposed to make this a background process this month so they might be configuring it up to release along the time of MBAS later this week.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform-release-plan/2021wave1/power-bi/background-validatio...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I did not follow, what is MBAs ? Is microsoft addressing this problem this week is what you were trying to say ?

MBAS is the Microsoft Business Application Summit which takes place later this week and they normally reveal big plans and release items that they've held onto for a bit. There is no guarantee that it will truly fix your issue, but as a best practice if you're going to be reusing this dataflow and the column within the table it probably would be best to do it within the dataflow and no there is no alternative, but to have it wait for validation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors