cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rjhale Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Dataflow Unexpected Error

Hello,

I have several dataflows in my premium-backed workspace, and they've been working as expected since I developed them last month.  I went to edit the source of one of them yesterday, and I'm now getting a generic "Unexpected Error" with a session id.  The source step is a simple merge step between two elements that I brought in from an on-prem Oracle datasource.  That data loads as expected, the refresh schedule is working, but anytime I try to update the source step or add another merge, I get the generic Unexpected Error message. 

This appears to be a problem in several of my dataflows, and I've tried the usual steps of clearing cache and using different browsers (chrome, Edge, and FF).  Anyone else running into this problem?  Any ideas how to get more useful information than just "Unexpected Error"

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Dataflow Unexpected Error

Hi @rjhale ,

Please update your data gateway to the latest version , then test again. 

You may refer to the links: https://radacad.com/workaround-for-computed-entity-in-power-bi-pro-dataflow-in-power-bi,

https://radacad.com/linked-entities-and-computed-entities-dataflows-in-power-bi-part-4.

(Please understand that this link is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees of content changes, and confers no rights.)

If you still have this issue for Power BI, you'd better create a support ticket in Power BI Support to get further help.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
diyannavarro Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Dataflow Unexpected Error

Hi

Is there a solution for this? I have encountered the same error as a described by @rjhale 

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Join us in the third Triple A event!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're celebrating the start of the New Super User season with our first ever Super User 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Power BI Desktop Update - February 2020

Power BI Desktop Update - February 2020

We are super excited for our update this month, as we are releasing two of our top community requests!

Power Platform Online Conference

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

Top Solution Authors