Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dataflow Timeout - issue after 31.10.2019

Dear all, 

I faced the same issue as here in the topic yesterday, so an internal error occurred during the refreshing of Data Flow (Execution Timeout Expired). Are there any restrictions or limitations settled on this, starting from Thursday 31.10.2019? 

Interesting fact, that the same Data Flow normally refreshed on Thursday (31.10.2019). Something got wrong after the long weekend, as preview in merged entity also throwing the same error, but everything worked properly till Thursday.

Adding @Galia and @Batchen_Haviv to the topic again. Could you please check and advise on the issue described above?

Or anybody else from MS support will be able to advise?

Thank you.

Best Regards, 

Anatolii

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jeffshieldsdev
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I received a response from Microsoft regarding my support ticket.  They directed me to this post on the Power BI Support page:

"Power BI Customers using the enhanced compute engine preview feature for Dataflows may experience refresh issues with their premium capacity. As a workaround, users can disable the "Enhanced Dataflows Compute Engine (Preview)" feature in the Admin portal. Engineers are working on a fix and expect it to be deployed by end-of-day 11/15/2019."

I've disabled the EDCE and now refreshes are working again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jeffshieldsdev
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I received a response from Microsoft regarding my support ticket.  They directed me to this post on the Power BI Support page:

"Power BI Customers using the enhanced compute engine preview feature for Dataflows may experience refresh issues with their premium capacity. As a workaround, users can disable the "Enhanced Dataflows Compute Engine (Preview)" feature in the Admin portal. Engineers are working on a fix and expect it to be deployed by end-of-day 11/15/2019."

I've disabled the EDCE and now refreshes are working again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

Thank you for your information.

Yesterday I've received the same answer from MS support team as an answer to my raised ticket.

Just wanted to ask you - this option of turning it off is availanble on Admin Portal --> Capacity Settings? 

That's strange, as even from the capacity admin prospective, there are no any options available under Capacity Settings.

Thanks for you answer and advice.

Admin Portal > Capacity Settings > Management tab > Workloads section > switch "Enhanced Dataflows Compute Engine (Preview)" to "Off":

2019-11-07_08h46_25.png

jeffshieldsdev
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

My issues started Nov 1 too.

I submitted a support ticket, I recommend doing the same.

Microsoft called me yesterday and said at first inspection, everything seems to be configured correctly.  They confirmed seeing the errors logged.

EDIT: posting comments is erroring too lol 2019-11-05_09h26_09.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors