Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ScottBrown
Helper I
Helper I

Dataflow Refresh Error - SharePoint Lists

Since 06/30/2020 my dataflows that connect to SharePoint data have failed and keep failing.

It apears the source (Name = have changed from Names to GUUID's.

Has anyone seen this?

ScottBrown_0-1593984960819.png

ScottBrown_2-1593985123465.png

If i connect to a new instance of the list as if I am trying to create a new dataflow, the Navigation parses a GUUID.

Than I can see the data fine.

ScottBrown_1-1593985097182.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Could you look at this reference blog post and change the API version and see if this helps?

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/SharePoint-Folder-Connector-fails-for-API-15/idi-p/331819

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ScottBrown ,

If you wan to change the datasource, you should ensure original steps can works on new source.(the steps which start from "Navigation")

For example:

Your original table name is "ImportTracker", but the new source not contain the "ImportTracker", it will show the error message which you mentioned.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Correct Llang,

However, the list name has not chaned.

If I create a new connection to the Same "Import Tracker" list, it shows up as a GUUID instead per the atatched pictures.

Nothing changed on my side during this period, but something changed on the back end - not from me.

Now, the refresh no longer works.

The same issue exists on all dataflow entities that connect to SharePoint lists.

All other data sources ie SQl, file, ACCess and such that we use still refresh.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Could you look at this reference blog post and change the API version and see if this helps?

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/SharePoint-Folder-Connector-fails-for-API-15/idi-p/331819

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

I tried the API suggestion, no luck.  The issue is the Name scope changed on the backend by MS.  It only appears to recognize GUUID, not the SP list name.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors