Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JanikSchaefer
Helper II
Helper II

Dataflow Privacy Settings Proble? Please help

Hey Guys!

My Dataflow suddenly doesnt refresh anymore, I didnt change anything but suddenly it shows this error message:

Error: Privacy settings don't allow the combining of data from multiple sources in the same query. \n\r To refresh this dataflow you can either edit the queries or you can allow combining data from multiple sources in the Edit queries Options settings. Request ID: 39983b96-1829-6489-3bf5-4073aff0c2e2 Activity ID: 266cb650-57e1-4fab-b8ce-3f5c0e64833b

My Privacy Settings are already on "allow combining data from multiple sources", this doesnt help.

Thanks,

cheers,

Janik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Alright, I found the solution:

There was some problem somewhere in an unloaded entity, I did not get an error message or anything.

It's really weird, that I get the error message of privacy settings while there was just something wrong with the data.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @JanikSchaefer ,

Whether you have allowed " Combine data according to your Privacy Level settings for each source"?When this option is selected, data will be combined according to your Privacy Levels setting. Merging data across Privacy isolation zones will result in some data buffering.

Here is the reference.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-privacy-levels

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

But this is a problem of Power Bi Desktop, isnt it?

I have the problem in Power Bi Service, it shouldnt be able to be solved in power bi desktop, right?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JanikSchaefer 

in power bi service, i checked "allow combining data from multiple sources" via home-option-project options & it seems to work.

Screenshot 2021-10-27 152130.jpg

krgds: -nik

Alright, I found the solution:

There was some problem somewhere in an unloaded entity, I did not get an error message or anything.

It's really weird, that I get the error message of privacy settings while there was just something wrong with the data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors