Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dataflow: On-Prem execution not supported for entity

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me with my problem.

I have a dataflow that contains two tables from SQL Server on-prem. The first table is Employees and the second is Sales. In Sales, I only have the name of the person that sold the product but not her/his Person_ID. The Employee table contains Person_ID so I merge the two tables and now the Sales table also has Person_ID. The Sales table now has a "lightning icon". 

The problem is that after I do the merging and then try to manually refresh the Dataflow I get this error: On-Prem execution not supported for entity

The Workspace is part of the Premium capacity and I'm using an Enterprise Gateway. Can someone explain to me why I get this error and how to fix?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have a conclusion for this question?
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Is the method provided by @nickyvv  effective?

Best Regards,

Icey

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Icey and @nickyvv ,

But why should I enable load when I need both tables? And my workspace is part of the premium capacity so why is this necessary?

nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous,

Did you untick the Enable load option on the linked entity?

That way the linked entity will not load, but only the merged entity.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

But does the linked entity still refresh if Enable Load is disabled? Kind of pointless if it's stale data being merged.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors