Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AliceW
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Dataflow Next Refresh set to a date in the past

Hello team,

Something very alarming happened to a dataflow. The hourly-scheduled refreshes seemed to work just fine, but the latest data brought in the dataset was from 9 days ago!

Looking at the dataflow, I saw that the 'Refreshed' column showed today as the latest date/time, but the 'Next Refresh' column showed June 16th, 4 PM; incidentally, this is when the latest data was brought in the dataset.

Next Refresh 2.png

I went and disabled and then enabled the automatic refresh. The "next Refresh' is in the future.

Next Refresh 3.png

I refreshed the dataflow and the dataset and the newest data are in.

What happened? This is a serious bug that went undetected. What do I need to do to ensure it doesn't happen again in the future?

Thank you,

Alice

5 REPLIES 5
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AliceW 

You could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free.

Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
taylorhawk
Regular Visitor

Having the same issue as well, and it has happened multiple times to me. The only fix I have found is to turn refresh off and turn it back on. Really would like to know how we can make sure Microsoft is working on a fix. 

TTZ
Frequent Visitor

I experienced exactly the same - e.g.

TTZ_0-1595890119457.png

and as you suggested, I disabled it and enabled it again. Then it fixed itself.

TTZ_1-1595890167377.png

I totally agree that it is a serious bug with no warnings. I discovered it as my report data is not matching during testing. 

It would be good if the Dataflow team can provide some feedback on this and how we can prevent this from happening again.

Thanks for sharing your post,

Ting

AliceW
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

So it's not just me... An official response would be great. Yes, checking it on our side is good, but them fixing it would be even better...

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

What I would do, is to have a process to check that the dataset refreshes are happening as expected.

I use the Power BI REST APIs too ensure and monitor the dataset refreshes. If they are not refreshed I then immediately know about it.

Here is a link to the Power BI REST APIs https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/dataflows

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors